Real estate agents, closing companies and lending institutions are advised that all no-lien requests must be made by using the Borough’s No-Lien Application Form. Requirements differ between a refinance and sale request. All requirements are explained and listed on the Application. There is a $30 fee for the no-lien letter that must accompany the Application along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. In addition to the No-Lien Application Form and fee, various forms are required as listed below.
- All requests must be made using the Borough’s No-Lien Application Form.
- If the request is for the sale of a property, a test of the existing sewerage system (dye test) must be completed and defects corrected or alternate security provided prior to the issuance of a no-lien letter. The homeowner must choose a plumber from the Borough’s List of Registered Plumbers who should call the Sewer Inspector, Chuck Smith, at 412/963-1100 x 126 to schedule the test. The Borough performs the test in conjunction with the plumber retained by the Seller. The Borough charges a $350 fee (the plumber will have a separate fee) for the test, which must be paid prior to the dye test being scheduled. (See Dye Test Payment Form.) Dye Tests are valid for one year.
- A Wage Tax Questionnaire Form must be completed and signed by the prospective purchaser(s) and returned to the Borough office (or by current homeowner(s) if refinancing).
- A Zoning Certificate of Compliance must be completed and signed by the prospective purchaser(s) and returned to the Borough office.
- A Rental Unit Registration Form must be completed and signed by the prospective purchaser(s) and returned to the Borough office.
- A forwarding address for the Sellers must be provided.
- Prior to issuing a no-lien letter, an investigation is made to verify that current and prior years’ earned income taxes (EIT) have been paid. It is recommended that the Current Owners/Sellers be made aware of this procedure to minimize any delay in obtaining a no-lien letter by contacting Keystone Collections Group at 724/978-0300.
All of the above requirements must be satisfied before release of the no lien letter. Forms can be faxed to the Borough office (412/963-1819) or emailed to