Borough residents are to place garbage outside their garage doors by 7:00 a.m. on collection day. The garbage handlers do not always follow the same schedule so collection times can vary. If your garbage has not been collected by 4:00 p.m. on your regular collection day, please call 1-855-494-3345.
- Vogel Disposal Regulations – Click here for regulations
- 7 am deadline – The contract requires that all trash be placed outside by 7 a.m. The collector will not return for trash that is not out by 7 a.m.
- Snow-covered driveways – If it is snowing or snow is forecasted on the day of your collection, you should bring your garbage to the curb if there is any chance that your driveway will not be plowed by the time the trash collectors arrive.
- Blocked driveways – If the driveway is blocked on collection day by any obstacle such as a vehicle or equipment, the contractor will bypass collection and not return until the following week. If you know your driveway will be blocked on collection day, please place the garbage cans at the curb.
- Holidays – There are only six holidays during the year when garbage is not collected: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. When one of those days falls during the workweek, all collections will be delayed one day beginning on the day of the holiday.
- Improper bagging – All garbage must be bagged and tied before placing it in your garbage container. Failure to do so will result in your garbage not being collected.
- Loose dogs – The garbage collector will not collect garbage where property owners allow their dogs to run loose on collection day. Please have your pet brought inside on your collection day. Property owners are reminded that there is a leash law mandated by the State and that all dogs must be on a leash for their protection and the protection of others.
- Yard Waste – Vogel will collect two bags/week per DEP regulations.