Borough residents are to place garbage outside their garage doors by 7:00 a.m. on collection day. The garbage handlers do not always follow the same schedule so collection times can vary. If your garbage has not been collected by 4:00 p.m. on your regular collection day, please call 1-855-494-3345.
- Vogel Disposal Regulations – Click here for regulations
- 7 am deadline – The contract requires that all trash be placed outside by 7 a.m. The collector will not return for trash that is not out by 7 a.m.
- Snow-covered driveways – If it is snowing or snow is forecasted on the day of your collection, you should bring your garbage to the curb if there is any chance that your driveway will not be plowed by the time the trash collectors arrive.
- Blocked driveways – If the driveway is blocked on collection day by any obstacle such as a vehicle or equipment, the contractor will bypass collection and not return until the following week. If you know your driveway will be blocked on collection day, please place the garbage cans at the curb.
- Holidays – There are only six holidays during the year when garbage is not collected: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. When one of those days falls during the workweek, all collections will be delayed one day beginning on the day of the holiday.
- Improper bagging – All garbage must be bagged and tied before placing it in your garbage container. Failure to do so will result in your garbage not being collected.
- Loose dogs – The garbage collector will not collect garbage where property owners allow their dogs to run loose on collection day. Please have your pet brought inside on your collection day. Property owners are reminded that there is a leash law mandated by the State and that all dogs must be on a leash for their protection and the protection of others.
2018 GARBAGE COLLECTION HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
There are only six holidays on which garbage is not collected: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. In weeks in which one of these holidays occurs, collections will be delayed one day beginning on the day of the holiday. For 2018, the delays are as follows:
Memorial Day, May 28th
Garbage will not be collected on Monday, May 28th. Garbage collection for the week will be Tuesday through Saturday.
Garbage will not be collected as scheduled on Wednesday, July 4th. Garbage collection for the week will be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday through Saturday.
Labor Day – September 3rd
Garbage will not be collected on Monday, September 3rd. Garbage collection for the week will be Tuesday through Saturday.
Thanksgiving – November 22nd
Garbage will not be collected on Thursday, November 22nd. Garbage collection for the remainder of the week will be Friday and Saturday.
Christmas – December 25th
Garbage will not be collected on Tuesday, December 25th. Garbage collection for the week will be Monday and Wednesday through Saturday.
New Year’s 2019 – January 1st
Garbage will not be collected on Tuesday, January 1st. Garbage collection for the week will be Monday and Wednesday through Saturday.
The above holidays are the ONLY holidays observed by Vogel Disposal. If a holiday is not listed above, garbage collection will be according to the regular Monday through Friday schedule.